Kenneth Moore was a longtime Kansas Angus breeder and supporter of youth. He served as president of the Kansas Angus Association in 1962 and 1963. He was named an honorary member of the KAA in 1983. This scholarship award was established with funds entrusted to the Auxiliary for this specific purpose.
The application is in 2 formats - choose to complete using a fill and sign form PDF or Word doc. Download and save the form. ( you cannot submit the Moore Scholarship application from this webpage, scroll down to see email and mail in instructions)
Fill and sign PDF version
Kansas Angus Auxiliary administered
Kenneth & Lorene Moore Scholarship
Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year college or university for entire current school year
- College sophomore status which is defined as the applicant being in his/her 2nd year as a full-time student with at least 30-59 credit hours
- Current member of the Kansas Junior Angus Association
- Do not add pages unless indicated…Application is 3 pages plus essay described in Question #5. Please list most recent activities and participation first, as space is limited.
- ONE letter of reference must be included from one of the following: Angus Breeder; Teacher/Professor; Coach/Advisor/Counselor; OR Employer
- Scholarship criteria places emphasis on outstanding work within the junior Angus program; application will be judged and scored based on overall involvement in Angus activities; maximum points in each category are listed; total maximum points is 100. One scholarship will be awarded from funds held by the Kansas Angus Auxiliary from the Kenneth Moore family to an outstanding Kansas Junior Angus member, provided the committee deems an application eligible, complete and worthy.
- The complete application must be postmarked on or before January 10 . If utilizing electronic submission, the complete application must be time stamped on or before 11:59 pm, January 10 annually .
- The scholarship recipient will be announced and awarded at the annual Kansas Angus Association Banquet..
MAIL OR EMAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO
2022 Scholarship chairman
Kansas Angus Auxiliary/Moore Scholarship
Wendy Flory , 1162 N 550 Rd, Baldwin City, Ks 66606 , 785-979-2923, email@example.com