KAA to Award a registration fee stipend to 1 junior to attend the 2023 NJAA LEAD Conference
LEAD- Leaders Engaged in Angus Development
Application deadline is May 15, 2023. Online application and submission only.
The winners will be announced during the during the Ks Jr Angus Preview Show in Hutchinson . The application deadline is May 15, , applicants will be required to submit an online application. Stipend is made possible through the Angus Foundation Kansas Angus Association Endowment. The application is posted on www.kansasangus.org.
1. Applicants must meet age and eligibility requirements set forth by the National Jr Angus Association and LEAD Conference. NJAA members 14-21 years old.
2. Applicant’s parents, grandparents or family farm/ranch must be member’s of the Kansas Angus Association or applicant must be a member of the Ks Jr Angus Association.
3. Applicant must be currently involved in producing Angus cattle or actively involved in their family's Angus operation.
4. Applicants must reside in Kansas.
5. Must be used for LEAD in year received or be forfeited.
6. Winners must complete the NJAA LEAD Conference early registration and fee (June 15) and be accepted.
7.Stipend covers $250 registration fee only, the cost of travel is the responsibility of the winner. After receiving notification that you are accepted to attend the LEAD by the National JR Angus Association you will be reimbursed your registration fee by the Angus Foundation.
8. When completing the form below please answer question #5 in essay question form. TIP: type out your answer/essay in a document then copy and paste into the form. ( insert answers into the form- DO NOT email or send separately) #5 Please share 1. Why you would like to attend LEAD 2. What you hope to gain and learn from attending. 3. How you will use those skills/ knowledge in your life, 4.How you plan to use that knowledge to strengthen your leadership roles within the KJAA and other organizations.
About LEAD: The Angus Foundation and American Angus Association along with the National Junior Angus Association (NJAA) Board of Directors believe in the importance of developing our young people as leaders. One of the avenues for this is through the training and knowledge provided at the Leaders Engaged in Angus Development (LEAD) Conference each year. The Conference develops leadership potential in Angus youth and raises awareness of issues facing the beef industry