2022 Winner Baylee Wulfkuhle
Kenneth Moore was a longtime Kansas Angus breeder and supporter of youth. He served as president of the Kansas Angus Association in 1962 and 1963. He was named an honorary member of the KAA in 1983. This scholarship award was established with funds entrusted to the Auxiliary for this specific purpose..
The Scholarship is administered by the Kansas Angus Auxiliary Scholarship Committee
Annual application deadline January 10..
Kenneth & Lorene Moore Scholarship - PLEASE READ all requirements and criteria.
Applicants must be
- Currently enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year college or university for entire current school year
- College sophomore status which is defined as the applicant being in his/her 2nd year as a full-time student with at least 30-59 credit hours
- Current member of the Kansas Junior Angus Association
- Scholarship criteria places emphasis on outstanding work within the junior Angus program; application will be judged and scored based on overall involvement in Angus activities; maximum points in each category are listed; total maximum points is 100. One scholarship will be awarded from funds held by the Kansas Angus Auxiliary from the Kenneth Moore family to an outstanding Kansas Junior Angus member, provided the committee deems an application eligible, complete and worthy.
- Essay-In a 2-page maximum, double-spaced essay (10-12 pt font) describe your past and current involvement in the Angus industry. Include your participation in your own or family Angus operation, how the Angus industry and your involvement in activities has influenced your life. -upload application PDF file preferred, word doc acceptable. (50 points)
- Answer the 4 application questions in list or paragraph form.
2. List/describe your show ring participation. Include most important awards and shows on all levels including showmanship participation. (10 points)
3. List your 4-H, FFA, Ag-related organizations/ activities, including community and college/high school participation, leadership and other recognition. (10 points)
4. Describe your future plans. Will the Angus, beef or agriculture industries be a part of your future? (5 points)
- Must Include (10 points)
- PROOF of Enrollment in a 2 yr or 4 yr college/university for 2022-23 school year
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION from one of the following: Angus Breeder; Teacher/Professor; Coach/Advisor/Counselor; OR Employer
- The complete application must submitted on or before January 10 by 11:59 pm CST
- The scholarship recipient will be announced and awarded at the annual Kansas Angus Association Banquet..
2023 Scholarship chairman
Kansas Angus Auxiliary/Moore Scholarship
Esther McCabe Tarpoff, 620-636-0245