Welcome to the oldest all Angus Junior Show in Kansas
62nd Northeast Kansas Jr Angus Show
hosted by the NE Ks Jr Angus Association
Atchison County Fairgrounds, Effingham, KS
MEMORIAL DAY- Monday, May 30, 2022
Check in by 9:00 a.m.
Show begins at 10:30 a.m., Judge: TBA
♦ Entry deadline May 27- enter online
- ENTRY FEE $8 PER HEAD - pay when you check in on show day, check or cash. checks payable to NE Ks Jr Angus
- Show Chairman is Kelsey Theis, NE District Jr Angus President , Email Kelsey
- A pizza lunch will be after the show- all exhibitors and family welcome (concessions are not available at show)
- The NE KS JR Angus Assn will hold their annual meeting and officer elections after the show.
2022 Entry is online!
This show is open to any Kansas youth under 21.
- Animals must be registered in the sole name of exhibitor in accordance the the rules for junior shows of the American Angus Association.
- Bulls must be bred and owned and registered by the member.
- To show in showmanship you must be entered in and show in a confirmation class
- No fit show - the use of adhesives and paint/color products are prohibited. Sheens, no color foams and oils are allowed.
- Showmanship age is as of Jan. 1.
- Heifers must be born 9/1/2020 and after.
- Bred and Owned Bulls must be born 1/1/2021 and after.
- Steers must be born 1/1/2021 and after
- Entry fee is $8 per head, no fee to enter showmanship.
- All bedding must be cleaned out of stalls after the show.
Large classes may be broken after entries are checked in.
- Owned Heifers: Jan. 1, 2022 and after
- Owned Heifers: Sept. 1,to Dec. 31, 2021
- Owned Heifers: May 1 to Aug. 31, 2021
- Owned Heifers: Jan. 1 to April 30, 2021
- Owned Heifers: Sept 1, 2018 to Dec. 31, 2020
- Bred and Owned Heifers: (same class breaks as owned ) classes will be broken after entry
- Cow/Calf: Cow must be owned by exhibitor with most recent natural calf born at side. Calf born after 9/1/21
- Bred and Owned Bulls (Must be born after Jan. 1, 2021)
- Registered Angus Steers (born after 1/1/2021)
- Commercial steers and Predominantly Black Cross Steers- ALL steers must be born after 1/1/2021
- Showmanship: Junior (7-10)
- Showmanship: Intermediate (11-15)
- Showmanship: Senior (16-21)