Welcome to the oldest all Angus Junior Show in Kansas
63rd Northeast Kansas Jr Angus Show
hosted by the NE Ks Jr Angus Association
Atchison County Fairgrounds, Effingham, KS
MEMORIAL DAY- Monday, May 29,2023
Check in by 9:00 a.m.
Show begins at 10:30 a.m., Judge: Cody Runft, Scandia, KS
♦ Entry deadline May 27- enter online
- ENTRY FEE $8 PER HEAD - pay when you check in on show day, check or cash. checks payable to NE Ks Jr Angus
- Show Chairman is Corbin Ellerman, NE District Jr Angus President , 913-370-1056
- A pizza lunch will be after the show- all exhibitors and family welcome (concessions are not available at show)
- The NE KS JR Angus Assn will hold their annual meeting and officer elections after the show.
2023 Entry is online!
- This show is open to any Kansas youth under 21.
- Animals must be registered in the sole name of exhibitor in accordance the the rules for junior shows of the American Angus Association.
- Bulls must be bred and owned and registered by the member.
- To show in showmanship you must be entered in and show in a confirmation class
- No fit show - the use of adhesives and paint/color products are prohibited. Sheens, no color foams and oils are allowed.
- All stalls must me cleaned out after the show.
- Showmanship age is as of Jan. 1.
- Heifers must be born 9/1/2021 and after.
- Bred and Owned Bulls must be born 9/1/2021 and after.
- Steers must be born 1/1/2022 and after
- Entry fee is $8 per head, no fee to enter showmanship.
Large classes may be broken after entries are checked in.
- Owned Heifers: Jan. 1, 2023 and after
- Owned Heifers: Sept. 1,to Dec. 31, 2022
- Owned Heifers: May 1 to Aug. 31, 202
- Owned Heifers: Jan. 1 to April 30, 2022
- Owned Heifers: Sept 1, to Dec. 31, 2021
- Bred and Owned Heifers: (same class breaks as owned ) classes will be broken after entry
- Cow/Calf: Cow must be owned by exhibitor with most recent natural calf born at side. Calf born after 9/1/22
- Bred and Owned Bulls (Must be born after 9/ 1, 2021)
- Registered Angus Steers (born after 1/1/2022)
- Commercial steers and Predominantly Black Cross Steers- ALL steers must be born after 1/1/2022
- Showmanship: Junior (7-10)
- Showmanship: Intermediate (11-15)
- Showmanship: Senior (16-21)