Welcome to the oldest all Angus Junior Show in Kansas
63rd Northeast Kansas Jr Angus Show 5/29/23 Results Judge: Cody Runft, Scandia, KS
hosted by the NE Ks Jr Angus Association
Joins us for the 64th Annual Show
Atchison County Fairgrounds, Effingham, KS
MEMORIAL DAY- May 27, 2024
Check in by 9:00 a.m.
Show begins at 10:30 a.m.,
♦ Entry deadline May 24, 2024 enter online
- ENTRY FEE $10 PER HEAD - pay when you check in on show day, check or exact cash. checks payable to NE Ks Jr Angus
- Show Chairman is Corbin Ellerman, NE District Jr Angus President , 913-370-1056
- A pizza lunch will be after the show- all exhibitors and family welcome (concessions are not available at show)
- The NE KS JR Angus Assn will hold their annual meeting and officer elections after the show.
2024 Entry is online!
- This show is open to any Kansas youth under 21.
- Animals must be registered in the sole name of exhibitor in accordance the the rules for junior shows of the American Angus Association.
- Bulls must be bred and owned and registered by the member.
- To show in showmanship you must be entered in and show in a confirmation class
- No fit show - the use of adhesives and paint/color products are prohibited. Sheens, no color foams and oils are allowed.
- All stalls must me cleaned out after the show.
- Showmanship age is as of Jan. 1.
- Heifers must be born 9/1/2022 and after.
- Bred and Owned Bulls must be born 9/1/2022 and after.
- Steers must be born 1/1/2023and after
- Entry fee is $8 per head, no fee to enter showmanship.
Large classes may be broken after entries are checked in.
- Owned Heifers: Jan. 1, 2024 and after
- Owned Heifers: Sept. 1,to Dec. 31, 2023
- Owned Heifers: May 1 to Aug. 31, 2023
- Owned Heifers: Jan. 1 to April 30, 2023
- Owned Heifers: Sept 1, to Dec. 31, 2022
- Bred and Owned Heifers: (same class breaks as owned ) classes will be broken after entry
- Cow/Calf: Cow must be owned by exhibitor with most recent natural calf born at side. Calf born after 9/1/22
- Bred and Owned Bulls (Must be born after 9/ 1, 2022)
- Registered Angus Steers (born after 1/1/2023)
- Commercial steers and Predominantly Black Cross Steers- ALL steers must be born after 1/1/2023
- Showmanship: Junior (7-10)
- Showmanship: Intermediate (11-15)
- Showmanship: Senior (16-21)